Sea Cadets pose for photos on an annual training camp at Quail Island in 1944, as pictured in The Press on 24 January that year.
Members of the Canterbury Division of the Sea Cadet Corps, the forerunner of TS Steadfast, are in the top photo. The bottom photo shows cadets from the Otago Division. Auckland and Wellington divisions also attended the camp.
The camp was commanded by Lieutenant Commander H.B. Anderson, seen right, talking to Commander T.S. Critchley, the Naval Officer in Charge at Lyttelton.